What happens if nobody serves on the Board?

Our Association is a Not-for-Profit Corporation organized under FS720 that needs a Board of volunteers to operate.

If nobody steps up to serve, here is what FS720, the governing Florida Statute,  establishes as the remedy:

720.3053 Failure to fill vacancies on board of directors sufficient to constitute a quorum; appointment of receiver upon petition of member.

(1) If an association fails to fill vacancies on the board of directors sufficient to constitute a quorum in accordance with the bylaws, any member may give notice of the member’s intent to apply to the circuit court within whose jurisdiction the association lies for the appointment of a receiver to manage the affairs of the association.


(5) The association shall be responsible for the salary of the receiver, court costs, and attorney’s fees. The receiver shall have all powers and duties of a duly constituted board of directors and shall serve until the association fills vacancies on the board sufficient to constitute a quorum and the court relieves the receiver of the appointment.

Garison Way Board needs volunteers! Serving can be done by committing an average of 6-10 hours/month.  If you believe you have what it takes to serve on the 2021 Board, contact Contact Ghislaine Carr – President .  If serving on the 2021 Board is not for you, then participate in the Owners Annual Meeting on November 12, 2020, cast your vote, and support the Board.