How we enjoy some of our neighbors’ yards! How we wish a little more TLC for others!
How we wonder why the Association isn’t more effective at addressing periodic Covenants violations! The answer lies with FS720.305... did you read it? is your head spinning? Do you want the Cliffs Notes?
- The Association can issue “friendly reminders” for violations, however…
- A Covenants Committee must review and approve fines or suspension of rights for failure to correct violations
- The Covenant Committee must be composed of at least 3 volunteer owners who cannot be Board members or their relatives
- Volunteer participation in Association business is currently limited to the Board members and 2 additional owners serving on the Architectural Review Committee
- Hence… we don’t have a Covenants Committee and we are relying on voluntary compliance
Voluntary compliance is the superior alternative – so let’s make it work!
NO VOLUNTEERS = NO FUNCTIONING OWNERS ASSOCIATION
CONTACT ANY OF YOUR BOARD MEMBERS Board and Committees TO DISCUSS VOLUNTEERING – BOARD ELECTIONS ARE IN 5 MONTHS